Utah, always known for mountains and Mormons, is now being called the next Silicon Valley. In a study by the Brookings Institution, an American research group, it was found that a “super sector” of innovative and advanced industries in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) is responsible for 17% of our country’s Gross Domestic Product and almost two-thirds of our exports. What the study also showed was somewhat shocking; out of the top 15 metropolitan areas that have the highest concentration of workers in the “super sector”, three (3) are in Utah: Salt Lake City, Provo, and Ogden.
The study goes on the speculate on why Utah stands out and it turns out…we have a lot going for us: a lot of our local colleges and universities produce a large number of STEM graduates, especially, BYU; tax breaks and a public transportation system that connects our state’s biggest cities are attractive to business; and our population is small, but densely settle in a small area of our large state that makes creating and maintaining partnerships easy.
We’re “Independent and Agency-Free”
With so many new businesses choosing Utah as their home, you need an experienced local company to handle all of your digital marketing needs. We at IndieSEM are located in the “Silicon Slopes” of Salt Lake City, Utah and were founded by a BYU Business School graduate and are a homegrown digital marketing company. Our company was founded with the mission to give small business owners a new and more lucrative alternative to subcontracting their digital marketing to large internet marketing agencies.
We operate as an “anti-agency model” that considers our clients to be our partners. To us, you’re not just another client. After working at various big-budget marketing agencies, we learned that traditional online marketing companies don’t have the client’s best interest at heart. Roughly 80% of your monthly digital marketing budget is spent on their own operating expenses leaving only 20% of your hard earned money to fund your own marketing efforts. That’s just not right. After years of witnessing unethical industry practices we saw the need and set out to be the positive change in the Utah digital marketing industry. We can’t be successful unless you are and our monthly, contract-free agreements ensure that we work our hardest to boost your business and make sure we are partners for a long time.
What Sets Us Apart From Agencies
Our specialty is search engine marketing. We work closely with our partners to develop an aggressive and effective digital marketing strategy that is designed to increase website traffic and boost visibility resulting in higher income potential for your business. When you come on board with us, our team will immediately grant you the individual attention you deserve to determine the best course of action.
Our digital marketing services include search engine optimization (SEO); pay per click marketing (PPC); social media marketing across all platforms; web design, including building of new sites and site redesign; and video marketing materials that include product demos, brand history, and testimonials.