In today’s video, we are going to be talking about how to improve your SEO by testing and boosting page speed.
Page speed is very important when it comes to SEO factors. If your page loads slow, or is not mobile-friendly, Google could have a hard time indexing or crawling your page, and that is a huge problem. You also don’t want your users or customers running into page speed issues, because that could mean the difference between them making a purchase, or just bouncing off the site.
There are a number of plugins and tools that can help you fix issues and make changes to give your site a boost. But first, you’ll want to test your page speed and diagnose what those issues are.
You have a couple of options here:
- You can use the Google Page Speed Insights Tool
- You can pick a plugin or app within your website interface or builder that includes a page speed test, with diagnostics included
Once you have diagnosed your page speed issues, then you can get to work on fixing them. Here are some general instructions on how to get started on addressing those issues:
- Navigate to the plugins or apps area on WordPress, Weebly, BigCommerce, Wix, or whatever hosting service or website builder you may be using
- Find and download an app that works on page speed, caching, or image optimization
- Note: Make sure the plugin is compatible with your current theme, and test to make sure all elements of your webpage are still functioning properly. Certain plugins and tools could cause certain elements of your code or theme to break
- Activate the plugin or app and navigate to its settings
- Fix page speed issues
Although there is no one-size-fits-all solution to page speed problems, the diagnostics, fixes, and tools are all generally similar, making it much easier to work with your own goals and ideas in mind. There is a plugin for almost any diagnostic problem you have, and testing within settings will almost always lead to improvements.
If you have any questions or need help boosting your site speed, contact us!